Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help Get Christian Lego Movie (?) on Wal-Mart's Shelves
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2012 08:04 AM by benavery.)
Tongue Help Get Christian Lego Movie (?) on Wal-Mart's Shelves
Okay, if I'm breaking any sort of rules by posting this, PLEASE let me know and I'll delete it or get tarred and feathered (which, let's face it, is worse than just getting feathered) or whatever. But, this is for a good cause, if your idea of "good cause" is helping a quirky independent Christian film get onto Wal-Mart's shelves where it can be seen by many, many people.

First, about the project: some friends of a friend of mine made a stop-motion Lego film about Joshua's battle at Jericho, called JOSHUA: THE PROMISE FULFILLED. Jus think "what if Veggietales used Lego instead of pixels" and you have the general idea of the tone. It's funny -- I bought it a few years ago, and have used it both just for fun at home and in my church children's ministry.

So, the contest: Wal-Mart has an online contest called "Get It on the Shelf". Voters can vote once a day, and if it makes it through the various rounds, it will be sold in Wal-Marts all over.

Which I think would be incredible.

I do have a connection (twice removed) with these filmmakers, but I do not know them. I only know their work. And I';d love to see people get a chance to see their work.

So, if you are interested in voting, check it out here: http://getontheshelf.com/product/1875

I don't know how their standings are, or how good of a chance they might have. But when I find something I like and that I think is both good and worthwhile, I'm willing to go to bat for it. So here I am!

~ Ben

Strangers and Aliens -- a podcast about faith and imagination
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2012, 06:08 AM
RE: Help Get Christian Lego Movie (?) on Wal-Mart's Shelves
The link says that the page can't be found.

And don't knock getting tarred and feathered. The only way to get feathers to stick any better is with super glue and have you ever tried coating yourself in that? I'm still missing 10 freckles from that little experiment.

CSS
Righteous Recommendations
[Image: bookcover-1.jpg] [Image: gammoreanboogie-1.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2012, 08:05 AM
(03-22-2012 06:08 AM)Jackie Chad Wrote:  The link says that the page can't be found.

And don't knock getting tarred and feathered. The only way to get feathers to stick any better is with super glue and have you ever tried coating yourself in that? I'm still missing 10 freckles from that little experiment.

Should be fixed now. Somehow, I had the link twice, with no spaces.

Thanks for catching that!

Strangers and Aliens -- a podcast about faith and imagination
Find all posts by this user
03-22-2012, 09:36 AM
After watching the trailer I'm sold. I must see this.

CSS
Righteous Recommendations
[Image: bookcover-1.jpg] [Image: gammoreanboogie-1.jpg]
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks for sharing this. Big Grin